Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Misc Musings of a tired mind....Extremely random thoughts....

I'm not sure, but I think I have blown a mental fuse here.... I'm tired and the whole "summer is right around the corner" thing has me thinking of dropping weight and dreading cleaning the house....

I have so much to do outside, and my littlest one LOVES, LOVES, LOVES being outside, so it should be easy, right? Well, somehow it's not. So today I am determined to start the digging for the raised bed I am planning, adding compost and other amendments to the soil in the garden, getting my various non-utilized containers ready for planting and just getting myself in order. And the weather forecast for the next few days will be hot, hot, hot! (well, 70's-80)

Groupon has a deal for an organizer to come into your house and suggest what you should do to get the clutter organized.  The Hubs is all for it... I'm scared of what this person will say about all of my stuff.... So now I am determined to clean out my closet and give excess to goodwill, organize my kitchen and laundry room. So, based on that, what do you do with presents from people that you never wear but feel you should hang on to because it was a gift?  Ditch? Stash? Ugh.....  Ok, check back with me about all of that!

I've exercised every day for the past 4 days, I know it's not that much, but I'm so lazy.  I take any excuse and I LOVE rest days from training etc. And tonight I am even thinking of heading into the yoga studio to visit my favorite instructor and get some Mommy time. But sanity did prevail... My running group is doing one of my absolute favorite runs this weekend, it's called the "train run." And it really involves a train.... You drive up to the train station at Solana Beach, ride it up to Oceanside and run back down to your car. 16 miles (give or take). I used to live 5 minutes away and didn't have 2 kids, so I did this run every chance I had.  Now I live 35 miles away and have to juggle 2 kids and waking up at the crack of way before dawn to get moving by 5:30 to make it to the station by around 6:00/6:15 to find parking and make sure I get on the train. And while I think 16 miles might be a bit much for me right now (considering I did 13 3 weeks ago and it was HARD), I might have done it anyway.... but I am letting the smart thoughts win out and not the part of me that just wants to run. That and the fact that I am doing a 200+ mile relay race in about 3 weeks and I was told that if I get injured, I will be severely mocked by everyone involved. And my friends have LONG memories.... I'm still getting harassed by a marathon in 2006 when I ditched a buddy at mile 18 after complaining about everything uner the sun for most of those miles!  I'm 99.9% sure I told her I was running ahead....

And.... Anyone use Grow Bags?  I was thinking this might be a great way to try growing potatoes this summer and wanted to see how this went for you. What size did you use?

Ok, here's to a productive day! Happy gardening all.

No comments:

Post a Comment