Thursday, May 19, 2011

Out of the loop

I have been a stay at home mom now for nearly 2.5 years. It's crazy to realize how long it has been.  Every now and then I will be out at lunch with the boys or my friends (and the boys) and see someone in business clothes and ridiculous shoes.  I can't help but wonder ... "WHAT???"   And I feel like I am aging myself by also wondering "is that what people wear in the corporate world now?"

I had an opportunity to be at the mall yesterday shopping for a present for a friend graduating with her Masters. After getting her gift we decided to browse a bit since my other girlfriend needed some summer sandals. Her parameters - not 4 inches tall and not gaudy. Should be easy enough, right?  NO. We found maybe 4 pair that fit the guidelines.


I have seen more than one lady in a suit wearing these.... why?  Why would you wear these?  I'm short, so I can see the advantage of having super high heels, but come on folks.... these shoes remind me of the "oldest profession."
 And oh my stars, check out these?  We actually tried these on in red. Don't forget to look at the heel.... These shoes would make an awesome weapon.


So that's my rant of the day. Maybe I'm just getting old, or I am just way out of the loop. What happened to modest yet stylish shoes with a 2-3 inch heel?  I have to get back into a department store more often to see what passes as stylish.  I thought by keeping to my favorite stores I would be in the "know."  But apparently Gap, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Black White Store, and J.Crew are staid, boring and old. 

I'll go back to the garden now.... without these shoes!  Happy gardening all =)

No comments:

Post a Comment