Wednesday, September 15, 2010

He's a Fun-gi

Who says you can't play outside if you are sick? Kiddo decided that just because he and his brother have colds, that's no excuse to let the mushrooms get the better of him. He put on his mushroom kicking boots and got to work. "Mommy, am I a cowboy?" I guess any boots will make you a cowboy.



But not all of the mushrooms got the boot, some were explored a little more and thrown away by hand. And some thrown and kicked down the hill, sorry neighbor! But really, that's what you get for housing the darn critter that is eating all of my produce. They finally cleared away the mess of weeds that backed into our fence, but no move has been made so far to erradicate the critter mounds that are back there.


And not to forget the little one, he enjoyed playing in the shade while big brother and I gathered fungus. Oh, and we planted yet another container of radishes....



Today I woke up and say a pretty sight, fog. I really enjoy a cool foggy morning. Makes me want to stay inside with a cup of coffee and a tall stack of pancakes. I did get the coffee, but not the pancakes. Oh well.



There are houses back there! I swear. Unfortunately this picture allows you to see the sad, dismal border garden. Just waiting and waiting for the seeds to germinate and for the critter to stop stealing all of the kiddo's goodies.




Well, that's all she wrote today.... what have you all planted in your garden for fall?














2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, what a fun way to get rid of mushrooms! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your property sit on a higher ground than those other homes? And the critters still get to your vegetables?

    Your boys are cuties. It looks like they had a lot of fun playing in the backyard!

    For my fall crops, I'm waiting on a few different varieties of chards, kale, pak choi, lettuce, carrots and radishes. If all goes well, I should be able to start harvesting the earlier maturing ones in another three weeks or so. I'm also waiting for my experimental Jelly Bean tomatoes and cayenne peppers to finally ripen so I can get my belated summer harvest!

    ReplyDelete